History of the Monastery
1104 First document mentioning the existence of a monastery served by the Canons Regular of the Order of St. Ruf
1289 The Bishop of Die makes over the Monastery to the monks of St. Anthony (Antonine Brothers)
1585 Burning and pillaging of the Commandery by the Huguenots
1648-1655 The Commandery is restored after being abandoned for 60 years
1689 The Bishop of Die instals the diocesan seminary
1778 Decline of the Commandery attached to the Order of Malta
1863-1912 Succession of different owners, the latest being the “Lay Fraternity of the Blessed Sacrament”
1975 Creation of an association “Le foyer de Sainte Croix”, which becomes the owner of the Monastery and opens a home for the disabled
1981 The ADCAVL transforms the Monastery into an international centre
2011 The Monastery comes under the management of “Les amis du monastère,” with numerous projects in the pipeline …